Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

#ewew tries Mie Sedaap Cup

There are more soup instant noodles than dry ones in the market.  But, if I want to eat instant noodles.....dry, my choice would always be Mi Goreng Sedaap.
 
I've been eating this Mi Goreng Sedaap for some time now but was overjoyed when I saw an advertisement on TV that they came up with a cup version.  

It took me a while to find them on supermarkets shelves.
 
I can now finally get to taste the cup version...Mie Sedaap Instant Cup...to see how it compares to the packet version.

This Mi Sedaap is a product of Indonesia and retails for RM1.79 a cup compared to the cheaper packet version at RM3.89 for a packet-of-5.  But get the "Perisa Asli" (aka Fried Noodle Flavour though I think it should be translated as Original Flavour) which tastes a lot better than the "Sambal Goreng" (Hot & Spicy) Flavour.  [#Note: This Mi Sedaap Perisa Asli got the highest rating on AC Nielsen (in 2011) as Malaysia's favourite Mi Goreng instant noodles.]
 
I followed the instructions printed on the cup.  I removed the flap halfway to take out the seasoning satchets and plastic fork.
 
This instant noodle cup comes with 4 satchets....a seasoning powder, a trio of seasoning made up of a sambal paste with chilli oil, chilli sauce and thick soya sauce, some dehydrated vege and a satchet of fried shallots.

I emptied the dehydrated vege into the cup and poured hot water over it.  The instruction said to steep it in hot water for 4 mins but I think it can do with less time than that.
 
So, I would just 'eyeball' it to check for my preferred doneness.
 
Drain the water away and add in your seasoning powder and combo of sambal, chilli sauce and dark soya sauce.
 
Stir until everything is well combined and I like to add in the fried shallots last to retain its crispiness.  Although the satchet says that it's fried shallots and it does taste like shallots, it doesn't resemble fried shallots at all.  It looked more like crispy bits of batter.  I don't know about it going "kriuk kriuk" though (as advertised) but, hey, it's definitely crispy!
 
One last final stir and I'm ready to eat :-)  It's so good you can just eat it on its own...no add-ons needed!

My son prefers the Mi Goreng Sedaap in packet form coz (to him) it tastes better than the cup version.  For me, I found the taste to be the same (as the exact same seasonings were used minus the dehydrated vegetables)...except that the texture of the noodles seems to be a bit softer for the cup version (probably because of the cooking method ie. steeping in hot water).

Mie Sedaap Instant Cup is my current favourite instant dry noodles...and now that it comes in a cup version (although pricier by about RM1 each, it's totally worth it for the added convenience of no washing up to do)....just eat and discard!  Perfect for a lazy man's (or woman, in my case) midnight snack while watching my favourite teams in action (yes, don't roll your eyes, I have more than one) in the EPL...yay :D  Seriously, life doesn't get any better than this!

Slur...r....p..p, it's Sed....a..a...p!!
 

12 comments:

  1. You are a football fan? I don't like sports at all :( This Mie Sedap in a cup sure is convenient. No need for a plate either, everything done in the cup. Is one packet sufficient? From the looks of it, I might need two cups LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am but I don't play any sports (I just like to watch)...especially football! I'm not a die-hard fan of ONE football club (I can feel some ppl rolling their eyes already). I like and support a few clubs...those who have 'good-looking' managers...LOL! This year's favourite...Chelsea :D Also like Liverpool, Tottenham & Newcastle ;)
      If having as a meal, one cup definitely not enough lor...but, as a snack, one sudah cukup!

      Delete
  2. My missus will always buy Mi Sedaap as she likes the taste of the soto flavoured ones. I'm ok with it. For one thing, it is cheaper than most, if not all, of the other brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheaper than most...I'm not so sure coz their mi cup cost RM1.80 (and that's costlier than quite a few brands out there) but it's tasty....your missus might like this one =)

      Delete
  3. I like to eat instant noodles in a cup of any sort, dry or soup but seldom eat because I am afraid of going botak. I also watch football to accompany my spouse. I don't see ManU, ManCity, Arsenal in your list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so easy to go botak leh!
      My spouse doesn't watch football at all. ManU, ManCity, Arsenal are not on my list for a reason...do their coaches look 'handsome' to you? :D :D Jose Mourinho! Jose Mourinho!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, I take it that Alex Ferguson (although he has retired now) and Arsene Wenger are not your cup of tea. Ah so Jose Morinho is back at Chelsea after leaving it a few years ago.

      Delete
    3. These 2 are old men lah...definitely not my cup of tea...I drink coffee :D :D

      Delete
  4. ooo... i used to be an instant noodle addict during my secondary school and early uni days, but it seems like i'm out of touch ... i've not heard of mie sedaap (love the double 'a' in their spelling, heh). looks tasty and convenient :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the double 'a' is to prolong and emphasize on how truly sed...a..a....p it is!! :D

      Delete
  5. The noodles look rather springy - just how I like them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...