Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2023

Snack Attack - Danisa Butter Cookies from Denmark

When my neighbours returned from an overseas trip some time back, she gave me a container of cookies.  I wouldn't say that cookies is one of my favourite snacks but when my neighbour gifts me a can, I accept and appreciate their thoughtfulness.  Anyway, I have a snacker at home! ;D

I've not had this for a long, long time...and this can of cookies brought back memories of yesteryears when this long-standing brand of biscuit was much sought-after.  They were the premium cookies then...and carting home a can was considered a luxury (then) coz they were deemed pricey (back then) but now they're what we'd refer to as nothing special, cheap highly affordable, ordinary cookies when compared to the much more expensive artisan or home-made cookies we have now or when compared to many other pricier brands out there.

These Danisa butter cookies (are they really Danish cookies from Denmark?).  Well, they're supposedly made from an original Danish recipe and is registered/trademarked in Copenhagen, Denmark but they're now manufactured in Indonesia it seems.  No matter, as long as they still have the same good taste. ^o^

My husband says he'd rather eat these Danisa butter cookies anytime over the ridiculously priced Jenny's 4 mix butter cookies from Hong KongJenny's butter cookies are now available locally in Isetan, at their flagship store in Bangsar Shopping Centre and via their online website if you're interested (I think they retail at around RM80 a can).

You can probably get 4 cans of Danisa cookies (around RM20 for a 454g can compared to the price of RM80 for a 320g can of Jenny cookies)! :P  Luckily my husband has humble tastes....lol.

Ooo...cheap, buttery.....and delicious! ;)  I quite like these cookies myself too... baked perfectly to a golden crisp with a great buttery aroma (for its price).  There are five shapes in total including the cute-looking pretzel-shaped biscuit (I believe these shapes have not changed over the years).  My pick would be the ones without the sugar sprinkles on top...especially the one with the embedded dried raisins.  

Well, we all need a little help from our "friends" (cookies or otherwise) to power us through the weekends and holidays, don't we?  Hehehe!  It's a great tea time snack......not with tea though but with a good cup of black coffee (for me).

This simple, traditional, nostalgic brand of cookie has stood the test of time.  This tells us that something simple, if done well, will have its share of fans staying true and loyal for years on end (since the 60s?).  For the simplicity of it......for simple enjoyment.......simply bliss! ^_~

4 comments:

  1. Ah, more snacking, eh? hee..hee... I remember those Kjeldsens Butter Cookies from my childhood. I always liked the ones with sugar on top and the one shaped like a pretzel. Although they are the same but somehow the different shapes or embellishments make them a bit more special. So I used to eat only those two from the can hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two cookie manufacturers (Danisa & Kjeldsens) produce similar-looking cookies (even down to the shapes) but aren't related. Don't know who "copied" who (but there's even a lawsuit, I read)! :O Since you (used to) enjoy sweet desserts (before you 'banned' sugar from your diet), it's no surprise that you like those with the sugar sprinkles...hee..hee.

      Delete
  2. So did your neighbour come back from Denmark trip since they gace you this Danish cookies. :P Among the five designs, the one with raisins is my least favourite, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cookies are available all over the world (even here)...no need to get them from Denmark only! Looks like the cookie you liked the least is my favourite (which I already mentioned in my post). >.<

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...