Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2020

What My Furry Pal Did During the MCO

So, how's everybody holding up to being 'locked up' at home for (yet) an extended period of time?  Well, some of us cooked (a lot more than we ever did), some slept (perhaps too much), some worked (maybe a little?), some cleaned, some gardened, some played computer games, some binged watched entire (downloaded) tv series, a few did some creative and meaningful projects, even fewer exercised while many were probably glued in front of the idiot box way more than they should.  Which category or categories do you fall into? ^_~

Well, my Cookie thinks he's overdue for his spot in the limelight after 'seeing' the many cute photos and blogposts of Ah Girl by her mommy blogger! *jealous mode on*  I better grant him his three minutes of fame.  So, what did my furry pal do during the MCO?

Well, he ate.....slept.......and crapped, of course (like any of us)......among other things!  What else was there to do.


That's him eating.


That's him snoozing to his heart's content.


And that's him peeing.....


.......and pooping (what goes up in must come down out, right?)  To know the difference between peeing and pooping, just watch your cat's butt (and hind legs).  If they're raised...congratulations, you've got poop....kekeke! :D


That's the face of relief...or, should I say, release....hihihi! ;P


Cookie:  Aiks...what are you doing, mommy? O_o  Haiz, I can't even have a bit of privacy when I'm doing my "business"!

In between all that, there was some play time.


Cookie:  My mommy thought she could make me exercise so that I don't become a fatty bom bom but I just rolled around the floor instead to her annoyance. :P


Cookie:  Seriously, ma?  It's not funny.


Cookie:  Hey, I do exercise.....what do you call this if not stretching exercises? :P


There were some boring times too.  This is his favourite chill spot when I'm at the computer (he's exhibiting his 'clingy' behaviour of just wanting to sit close to me).


And when he thinks I'm spending too much time on my computer/blog and not giving him enough attention, he make sure he lets me know.....by plonking his butt on my keyboard which (he knows) will bring me to a complete halt.  Cookie:  Cannot, meh?

But he did do something that none of us did....he went hunting for sport game (maybe both)...and brought home a bird for me (not that I wanted one!).  Unfortunately, I don't have a photo to show you coz we had a visitor that day.....


.....and he ate it.  My neighbour's cat, whom we nicknamed Cowboy for obvious reasons (because his owner puts a red bandana on him instead of a collar), ate the barely alive bird....eww (that sounds awful to us but probably tastes awesome to him)! >_<


He comes uninvited all the time to my porch to oi oi (sleep).


One time, he even self-invited himself all the way into my house to a soft spot! :O  I had to shoo him out.  I told him you can come to my porch anytime to relax...but not into my house as only one cat reigns supreme here.

Anyway, Cookie must have felt like a tai ko (big brother, he's treated as such by Cowboy as he diligently follows him everywhere) by landing a kill and letting him eat it.  I watched him devour the whole little bird (I even heard the crunching sound of its bones).  I'm not sure why the neighbour's cat ate it.  Did he not have enough to eat during this MCO?  Cookie might catch game but he certainly wouldn't eat it (he has eaten too many yummy things to want to eat that).  He has expensive tastes you know...give him pak cham kai (poached chicken) or fried chicken anytime (maybe even roasted pigeon?)...but not a raw bird. >_<


That was at the start of Phase 3 of the MCO.  Three days later, Cookie brought me another gift!  Can you spot what it is?


He brought me a lizard...not any cicak like those that crawl on our ceilings...but a big-ass lizard....a monitor lizard to be exact (even though it's still baby-ish)! O_o  Double eww!!  Don't bring me any more gifts, please. >_<


 I think Cookie broke his neck (that's what big cats in the wild do when they catch their prey...they go for the neck).  Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) this time, his friend (Cowboy) was not around that day.  Otherwise, he might have eaten that too...bluek!

If you've kept up with Cookie's stories, you know he's quite the killer....and he likes to dismember his victims...remember his gruesome victims, the grasshopper, lizard and beetle?  The only one that got the better of him was the killer wasp (which he was smart to walk away from).  Luckily, he hasn't brought me a rat...and that's only because he hasn't been allowed out to roam at night.  Phew!


To all the creatures out there.....there's a vicious killer on the loose.  Cookie: I may be deadly but I'm also oh-so-cute...what do you think? ^.^  Be careful, be very careful where you tread...that's why we ask you to duduk diam-diam di rumah.....stay safe, stay home during this MCO (haha)! :D

10 comments:

  1. Wahahahahaha!!! This post is a lot of fun! Wah Cookie has an even better looking place to snooze what with such lovely cushions (I like both the black & white flower motifs and the red & white he was sleeping on).

    Cookies sure know how to get your undivided attention by plonking himself on the keyboard. So far my Girl has not made any attempt to jump on my desk let alone on my keyboard. Maybe she is too fat to pull such stunts hah..hah...

    Ah...your neighbor's cat loves to go to your house. I think he enjoys hanging out with his kor kor. Goodness, he even slept on the bed! Rather bold this one, he must be very comfortable with you to do that. I see that he has a black patch on his face. Quite horrifying that this Cowboy ate the bird, so geli! My Girl has yet to bring me a present and I hope it stays that way.

    Your Cookie is quite the hunter/killer and he will keep your house/porch safe from unwanted critters. I have squirrels visiting my garden and I bet they won't be safe if Cookie is around. My Girl she just relax relax and let the squirrels do whatever they like, even steal her food (before she stayed inside). Haiz...

    I love that last photo of Cookie getting all cutie pie. I love it when they roll on their backs or when they do their cute belly rolls!

    Oh dear hee..hee... you actually photographed him in "action"! Cookie doesn't mind? There were a few occasions (twice in the garden before I set up her litter box) when my Girl protested when I was present while she was doing her business. That's why I made a screen for her to give her privacy (and also to shield her toilet from view). I must say that Cookie looked adorable (as peaceful hah..hah...) in his litter box.

    I see that he rolls around too when playing with those red feathers. I have since given up playing with my Girl like that. When I get her to chase the toy, I am the one who ends up getting tired! My Girl also stretches a lot, I think that's what cats do. We should do stretching too.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie: My mommy will be delighted to hear that you like the cushions. Ahem, I'm sleeping on Ikea cushions, no less, mind you.

      He has done it so many times that his butt will sometimes 'type' some gibberish words on my computer, so I have to be careful when I'm in the midst of typing a blogpost. Be warned...it's only a matter of time before your Girl jumps on your desk.

      He has slept on the bed only once and got a real earful from me. He doesn't come into the house anymore. He's quite obedient in that sense and understands when I say 'No'. When Cookie is outside and Cowboy happens to be let out by his owner, he'll keep tagging along everywhere Cookie goes to the point that Cookie thinks he's an annoyance (that's why Cookie tak layan when Cowboy calls out to him at the door).

      I wonder if it's because he's male that he likes to hunt. But then again, in the wild, female cats are the ones tasked with hunting food for their pride...hmmmm.

      Cookie: I'm such a cutie, aren't I? ^.^ If you follow your cat when he leaves the house, you'll see them doing belly rolls right outside the gate (or in a neighbour's porch) to mark their scent (that's what males do). If females do it, then they're "fatt how" (slutty?) to let the males know they're available during mating season (I've seen female strays do it in front of male cats).

      Cookie is quite used to me being near his litter box as I sometimes have to urge (more like command) him to do his business when he has not done so by a certain time.

      That's the whole idea...haha! :D We end up exercising whilst playing with them. P/S: If you want your Girl to exercise and chase after something, get her a ping pong ball. She'll bat it and chase it around the house.

      Delete
  2. oh gosh...so violent of Cookie!!! better run for my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie: No, no, don't run away...I assure you I have a gentle side! ^_~

      Delete
  3. The photos are very fun to look at the photogenic Cookie. Or I should say the photographer was smart to capture all the shots to fit with the humorous captions. I love Cookie's when peeing or pooping. I didn't know they want privacy too!!

    I knew that cats would kill or grab anything that moves. That's why I am worried about my tortoise getting overturned, tossed and murdered! Lolol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if your TT is around Cookie, he might just get murdered! :O

      Cookie: Thank you, thank you for your compliment on how photogenic I am.
      On the contrary, it's the other way round...I think of humorous captions later to fit them into the shots I captured.

      Delete
  4. after the mco is over, i'd like to see a meeting between the eatwhateatwhere cat and the phonghongbakes cat - i wonder if the two would get along :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie: She's an uptown girl and I'm a downtown guy, so chances of us 'meeting' or bumping into each other seems rather remote, don't you think? ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...