Pages

Monday 13 May 2019

#ewew cooks Nando's Chicken Tenders

When we're at Nando's, their chicken tenders is a favourite order of my son's and I'm beginning to enjoy eating them too...with no bones to contend with.

After managing to replicate Nando's chicken at home to a certain degree of success, I thought it would be a cinch to replicate Nando's Chicken Tenders too.

After all, all you need is to get a bottle of your favourite Nando's sauce...it could be any of Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce (of varying spice levels), Mango & Lime or Lemon & Herb (which I used for this recipe)! ;)

Ingredients:

1 pkt chicken fillet (about 9 - 10 chicken tenders)
4 potatoes
Any vegetable of your choice (cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
Any Nando's sauce of your choice

Preparation:

Season the chicken tenders with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper (or you could use 3/4 tsp like me if you like loads of black pepper).

Method:

Drizzle in a good glug of olive oil into a pan on high heat before putting in the chicken tenders.  You don't have to cook it all the way through (it should only take a minute or so).   The pan-frying of the chicken tenders is just to get a nice sear (and colour) on them.

You can skip this step if you're not bothered with how it looks...just put it to bake directly.  Transfer them onto a plate once you're happy with the browning on the chicken tenders.

At this point, you can start preparing your side dishes.  Mine were potato wedges (seasoned with salt, black pepper and dried parsley before tossing them in olive oil).

And roasted cauliflower, also simply seasoned with salt and black pepper and tossed in olive oil.  I put both trays in to bake at 200°C for about 30 minutes (the cauliflower would probably need a lesser time).

Spoon 3 tbsp (or more) of Nando's Lemon & Herb Peri-Peri Sauce (or any Nando's sauce of your liking) and thoroughly coat all the half-cooked chicken tenders in the sauce.

Bake at 200°C for just 10 minutes (since it has already been partially cooked through the earlier pan-frying process).

And it's done, Nando's Chicken Tenders...it's as simple as that! :)

Although there's an extra step of pan-frying, you do end up with a better presentation of sear marks on the chicken.  But, hey, you can omit that step and just stick it into the oven to cook if you're not too bothered with the looks.

The chicken tenders are, well, nice and tender, of course....and you know the flavours will be good since you're using the trusted Nando's sauce.

Now you don't have to make a trip and pay RM15.90 for chicken tenders (with two sides) at Nando's when you can easily whip up your own Nando's Chicken Tenders at home.

Even a non-cook can make a successful one of this as it's failproof...with a little help from a bottle of their Lemon & Herb Peri-Peri Sauce (or any sauce flavour of your choice)! ^.^

Serves 2

10 comments:

  1. Bonus being it is one of the healthiest cuts kan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is....healthy as well as easy to eat...hehe! :)

      Delete
  2. I always see chicken tenders being sold at Aeon and I did buy once or twice for stir frys. Ah, I see that you made these Nandos chicken tenders and I am now tempted to make some! It's been some time since I bought Nando's sauce. I don't seem to see the Lime and Mango flavor, if I do, that's what I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think perhaps they don't 'bottle' that flavour coz I don't seem to find it either. :(

      Delete
  3. I am drooling now. I love Nandos but always ordered their pita bread wrap without fail. You make it sound so easy to cook the Nandos chicken tenders. I will try it and surprise my wife. The most attracting item is your roasted cauliflower which is my Number One favourite vegetables. My wife dislike it saying it's tasteless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which vegetable is not tasteless...haha! :D You have to season and 'do things' to it to build flavours. Roasting is a good way as it brings out the charred flavour which I love.

      Delete
  4. I never order chicken tenders at Nando's and I only have spicy version at my home, so I'm gonna to get the lemon and herbs flavour (to accommodate Sam), so that I can try out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So paiseh...it's not my recipe lah! It's Nando's. I just pour out the sauce...kekeke! ;D

      Delete
  5. this would be the perfect material for a blind taste-test battle - have someone taste nando's restaurant-prepared version and taste your homemade one - it's very possible that more people will prefer yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say that. Even I would not choose mine coz it'll be missing that lovely charred flavour...wuahahahahaha! ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...