Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Was There a Happy Ending for Blue Eyes?

 Remember this little white kitty from not too long ago?

Around the time of the first Movement Control Order (MCO) to be exact...sometime in April.

Well, she has grown into a pretty little lady some 7 - 8 months on.

She has the most beautiful blue eyes (for a cat) I've ever seen.

In fact, she's the prettiest stray that has crossed my path.

If there was a kitty I'd love to take in, it would have been this one.  I did consider it for a while but quickly put that thought out of my mind as I know I wouldn't be able to keep up/cope with two cats, more so when Cookie is now approaching his senior years.  In old age, cats will need more looking after especially so when they have a medical condition.  

So I thought I'll just admire her from afar (and be like her foster mom) since she comes regularly to my house (and another neighbour's house) for food.

Remember her sibling, the ginger-coloured cat?  He's still around.  He has never bonded with me like the white kitty has (similar to no chemistry in human beings lah), so he doesn't come into my house for handouts but gets fed by a neighbour of mine on a regular basis.

He too has grown into a fine young man.  I managed to capture these recent photos of him coz his mother (so happen) was outside my gate.  He wants to come near her (he obviously still remembers her) but don't dare to coz she would hiss at him.  It's sad to see offsprings and their mothers go their separate ways once they mature.  I've even seen mothers bat their kittens with their paws when eating, competing with their own offsprings for food as early as 3 months on. >_<

These last photos of her were taken in October.  She's gone....I've not seen her since. T_T

My hope is that someone picked her up and decided to adopt her.  I don't want to believe that something bad had befallen her.  I even went to check with two neighbours who feed her and they too have not seen her for a while.  They reckon that someone has taken her as they feel she has passed the vulnerable stage and should be able to survive.  With food aplenty (ie. neighbours feeding her daily), I don't see why she would want to leave her domain...unless she was taken.

So, was there a happy ending for blue eyes?  In my heart, I hope there was.  I want to believe there was....and that she has found a forever home and a kind someone to love and take care of her.

I will miss her indefinitely (even though she's not my own).....goodbye, my beautiful girl! :'(

P/S: Cowboy has left too coz his owners moved away.  That male kitty I'd have to say good riddance coz he began to pick fights with Cookie now that he has matured (he probably wants to be the alpha male).  He started chasing all the females around and there were a lot of altercations in the night.  A neighbour recently commented that our street is a lot more quieter now that he's gone.  Looks like nobody misses Cowboy.....lol.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story of the blue eyed girl. I agree that blue eyes are beautiful and unique. I am surprised that she has a ginger looking sibling.

    Once I saw my neighbourhood cat that was matt black in colour with blue eyes and jeweled collar. You could imagine the shock I had to see it staring at me one night at the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be as surprised as you...and wondered why some offsprings don't even carry any of their mothers' colours. That's when I realised it must be the father's genes that were stronger...haha! :P

      Delete
  2. Blue eyes is so pretty and you made the right decision for you not to take her on in spite of how charming she is. Yes, it is quite a challenge bringing another kitty into your home as I have found out. I also hope that someone has taken her in and that she is being well cared for. Her brother is mighty handsome too, quite similar colored to my Girl. In fact this morning I spotted another cat so similar to Girl under my neighbor's car. Girl was sniffing this kitty out (for a while I was seeing double!) and it (don't know girl or boy) ran away when I moved closer to have a better look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At times, I'm not so sure if I've made the right decision. Sometimes I regret not taking her in but if I did, I might regret it later also because of the challenge of taking care of another kitty and integrating her into a household that already has a dominant cat...lol. Haiz...looks like there's regret either way! >_<

      Delete
  3. Wish for the best to the little pointed blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...