Pages

Monday 17 September 2018

Just One Food - KFC's Dunk & Dip Crispy Tenders

KFC's Crispy Tenders is not something new, it has been around for a few years now (since the beginning of 2016 as per their Facebook).  The only thing new is that they would periodically introduce new sauces to go with the crispy tenders...like the recent sour cream & onion or sweet mustard.

But even more recently (I don't know when exactly, maybe a month ago based on a promotional video on their Facebook), they introduced yet another dip to go with the chicken tenders....the new KFC Dunk & Dip Crispy Tenders.  I think this is, by far, their best dip yet! ^_^

You start off with 3 good-sized boneless chicken meat tenders that have the same decent taste of KFC chicken but without the bones...how wonderful is that!  I actually prefer to eat these hot & spicy chicken tenders as they're super crunchy and not too dry.

And then they're paired with a Smokey Zesty Dip and Crackling Rice Pops for you to dunk & dip your crispy chicken tenders into.  Happy days! ^_~

The Smokey Zesty Dip is a smokey BBQ onion sauce that tastes somewhat similar to some kind of BBQ sauce (not sure of the smokey part though) that has some sweetness (not overly sweet) and tang (really tangy).

The Crackling Rice Pops consists of rice pops with a spicy curry flavour that has a real kick to it (but tolerable, even for me).  First impression, I thought the rice pops were mixed with fried curry leaves but, on closer inspection, the spices looked rather similar to a bottle of mixed spices (of possibly rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley) with probably additional paprika and cayenne for spiciness.

So, I dunked (to coat the crispy tenders with the sticky sauce).....

...and I dipped (to get the super crunchy rice pops to stick to the chicken tenders)....

....and then I ate!  The hot & spicy chicken tenders were already tasty, spicy and crunchy to begin with...and the rice pops made it tastier.....spicier....and crunchier! ^.^

The rice pops were really, really well spiced and so, so good...it tasted like one of those pre-packed Indian savoury snacks with super crispy thin murukku, flour crisps, nuts, peas and curry leaves.

Pair that with an Original Go Bowl for just RM3.70 (good value indeed) with crispier fries and crunchy Zinger chunks drizzled with their signature gravy (which is the same brown sauce that you get with the mashed potatoes) and finished with a sprinkling of chilli flakes (similar to bottled chilli flakes) to give it a bit of heat...and you have a meal fit for one.

This is exactly how it was packed to go...open at the top like that!  I wish they'd packed the gravy separately for us to pour over at home as the fries can get soggy by the time we reach home.  Of course, I liked it more when I got well fried fries like in the earlier pic.

You can order this Dunk & Dip Crispy Tenders with smokey zesty dip and crackling rice pops as a 3-pc a la carte @ RM6.90....for now.  But I don't know how long it'll be available as an a la carte item since the Shrimp Nuggets which was originally available a la carte for RM5.90 is now no longer sold on its own except in a combo meal with chicken starting from RM28.50 (I finally asked the KFC worker when I found the words 'sold out' twice when I tried to get it.  I guess I waited too long to try the Shrimp Nugget). 

This Dunk & Dip offers fragrant, crunchy goodness in a bite!  I didn't care for the tangy BBQ sauce but the crunchy dip I loved...I can eat that just on its own! ^o^  You know how (sometimes) the actual products can end up being 'what you see is not what you get'...well, I'm glad to report this is not one of those times! :P

If you happen to be hungrier or greedier, have it in a set (Combo A) with 1-pc chicken (OR or HS), 3-pc crispy tenders, 1 Smokey Zesty Dip, 1 Crackling Rice Pops, 1 coleslaw (R), 1 whipped potato (R) and 1 Iced Lemon Tea (R) for RM13.90 or pay RM17.90 for an extra piece of chicken (Combo B) if you're extra hungry or greedy.

Just dunk....dip.....crunch!  But, hey, don't wait too long...go get it now before it disappears from the menu as it may be for a limited time only (or it becomes only available in a combo meal like the Shrimp Nuggets and not sold separately).  I've had it twice already...in one week!....kekeke! ;)

10 comments:

  1. I haven't been in a KFC restaurant for over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the right path if you're an advocate for healthy eating! :)

      Delete
  2. Wah! Now you have got me wanting to go to KFC just to try this KFC Dunk & Dip Crispy Tenders. I love BBQ sauce and anything that is crispy and crunchy with spicy notes. I can see that you love it a lot and I'll probably love it just as much. I hope I can catch it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that you'll probably love it just as much since I love it too...hope you do. Instead of great minds think alike...this is a case of great tastebuds taste alike? Kekeke! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow! You are always so brilliant in sharing all the details of the food with yummy photos too. It make me salivate and imagined that it is a better version of Uncle Bob's chicken. I must try this KFC as I am attracted to the dips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my yummy photos can cause you to salivate, then I think I've done my job....hahaha! ;D

      Delete
  4. Ooo, this is one promotion where our taste buds diverge .. but I can gusss why! Since I don’t like tangy flavours too much, I couldn’t finish most of the dip - in the end, I dipped the tenders only sparingly. Hopefully if they introduce more dip flavours in future, it’ll be more cheesy or savoury, heheh. I do like the go bowls tho, very comforting and carbolicious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't care for the tangy sauce actually (which I didn't finish either) but the spicy rice pops, that I love. Whatever that was left, I poured into my mouth, every last pop! ;)

      Delete
  5. I has been ages since my last visit to KFC. Chicken tenders and spicy rice pops sound interesting but I don't like BBQ sauce, it could be better if they have cheese sauce, yum yum~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spicy rice pops were really good...one of the better dips for me from KFC =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...