Pages

Monday 13 August 2018

I Had Sniffles.....Once!

One day, this absolutely adorable orange-coloured cat wandered into my house.

Ok-lah, the cat didn't quite wander into my house.....uninvited.  Well, the story goes like this...I heard a kitten meowing in the house next door.  Curious, I went to look.  For some reason, cats usually come running to me when I call (I must be some sort of a 'cat magnet'...and this happens to me with stray cats when I'm at coffee shops too!).


I gave the kitten (not a very young kitten, probably about a year old) some food which was gobbled down in no time.  He (yes, he's a boy) must have been very hungry.


After that, he acted all cute...maybe in the hope I'll take him in.  Animals seem to possess this uncanny ability to turn on their cuteness factor when it matters.


As I walked back to my house, the little fella followed me...and refused to leave.


Not even after I shoo-ed him away or put him outside my gate.  Now, how can one ignore that pitiful look...please, please take me in.


He kept coming into my porch and turned on his charm...by rolling around on my porch...aww, so cute :)


How to resist that adorable look, you tell me! ;P


So, I did what any cat lover would do....I took him in...temporarily, at least.  I just didn't have the heart to leave the poor little guy out there (this fella's coat of hair seems a little longer than the usual domestic short hair cat, I must say).


I put a collar on him and even took him to the groomers to get him all cleaned up.  Took him to the vet too as he had a slight cold (his nose was dripping).  That's how I ended up calling him Sniffles actually.  This cat is super affectionate (I've not come across such an affectionate cat which leads me to think that he is not a stray.  He probably belonged to someone once...before he was 'discarded'). :'(


As you can see, he wasted no time in making himself right at home.  He settled in much too quickly (in Cookie's eyes)...and Cookie wasn't having any of that.


They didn't get along and Cookie obviously didn't like this new guy hogging my affection....he even hogged Cookie's place on the sofa.


And relegated him to the cold, hard surface of the TV cabinet (can you see Cookie giving him his 'evil eyes' and looking on disapprovingly)! >_<


As much as I would like to keep him but, in the end, I knew I had to let him go...coz it'd be just too much work to take care of two cats (or another 'baby' all over again) + it would not be easy to integrate another male into a household of a male-dominant cat.


Luckily, that weekend, I was having a meet-up with my friends and I showed them a picture of Sniffles.  One of my friends forwarded that to her cat-lover friend who immediately got smitten.


And that's how I found a 'forever' home for Sniffles.  He was packed and transported to his new home that very same night...all the way to another State!


I hope he has found a happy 'forever' home...I'm sure he has (and he probably has a new name too).  I do miss him from time to time...that's when I will reminisce and look at the photos I took of him previously! T_T

Even before Sniffles came calling, my house has attracted its fair share of cats over the years (but most would run away when they see a human, so no pics to show).


But here's one that didn't bolt.


At least, this orange-brown cat had a collar, so that would mean he (yes, it was another boy) has an owner....phew! ;)


He seemed very relaxed in my porch.....way too relaxed I'd say...


....until Cookie showed up and blocked his escape route..haha! (looks like he has to find another way to flee).


No worries.....he found his way out, safe and sound, eventually :)

I hope no more cats or kittens come visiting...coz I always end up having a soft spot for them coz they're always such a cutie pie.


Cookie:  What am I, chopped liver?
Hey, I happen to love liver by the way...hehe!


It wasn't that long ago (six years to be exact) when this cutie pie walked into my life! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Auwwww..... so cute! so cute! When I saw the post title, I guessed just as much that Sniffles is a cat. I agree, how not to resist that cute little face. Ah...Cookie became territorial and jealous, eh? Can't blame him though. Well, Cookie sure was adorable and cute when he was a kitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie: That's what I thought...I'm pretty cute myself (blowing kisses)! ;) I'd be even more adorable if my owner had taken a clearer picture of me with a better phone than that ciplak phone of hers 6 years ago! >_<

      Me: Aren't we all jealous creatures of nature! ^_~

      Delete
  2. awwww ... kitten cookie and adult cookie look so different, i wouldn't have recognised him as the same cat. but i guess six years for a cat is like 40 years for a human!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, 40 years is about right based on the cat calculator! ^_* Somehow, when they grow up, their coat of hair changes to a darker shade (other than white, of course) than when they're young (that's what I notice).

      Delete
  3. She really is such a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a he. Yes, he is...with matching coloured eyes too! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the kitties while you get to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like enjoy your children while you get to...coz they grow up so fast! ;P

      Delete
  5. Awww! This post warms my heart to see your kindness that got Sniffles to a new home eventually. I could imagine the extra work to feed another cat when Cookie does not approve at all which added some stress. If they both got along well and slept hugging on same bed, you might have kept Sniffles! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cats are just like humans...sometimes there's instant chemistry..and sometimes not...hehehe! ;) I was lucky this time to have found a home for Sniffles. It's not always easy to find someone to take them in.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...