Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Just One Food - Soft Raisin Ball

As soon as you walk (or descend from the escalator) into Pavilion's food court on Level 1, the Food Republic, the smell of freshly baked bread is the first thing that greets you (or your nose)....and instinctively pulls you into Lavender Bakery & Pattiserie.
 
You can buy a wide selection of freshly baked bread and pastries here back to your office or home for a quick breakfast or tea time snack.
 
So, let's have a ball! :D  Whenever I'm in Pavilion, I almost always stop by Lavender to buy this...Soft Raisin Ball @ RM5 for 5 pcs.  Soft......yes, it's definitely soft.  Raisin....yes, it's got raisins in it.  Ball?.....I've no idea why it's called a ball! :D
 
It's actually a simple raisin bun....and nothing more!  But the bun is incredibly, incredibly soft and I like the fact that it's also not sweet...just a touch of sweetness when you bite into the raisins.  The bread is not even buttery, you find little specks of butter in the bun, so your fingers won't even get oily.

The bun has a 3 days expiry date stamped on it, so you know that they're freshly baked with no preservatives.  Best eaten in 3 days?....I'm afraid it can't even last 3 minutes!  I can eat 5 at one go with a cup of coffee...it makes a great breakfast on a day when you don't feel like downing something heavy! ;D

This is one bun I can eat guilt-free (well, almost) because it's not as buttery or sweet (except for the raisins) or filled with lots of 'sugary stuff'.  As the raisins are mixed into the dough, it depends on your luck really, sometimes you hit the 'jackpot' when you get one that's filled with lots of them and you'll be quite happy.  [Quote: Forrest Gump said it best "Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get (inside)".]  Because of its simplicity, not everyone will go gaga over it!
 
I'm not sure if this is their most saleable item (although it looks like it may be) judging by the large quantities of it displayed all over their bakery shelves. 

And, whenever I'm at Lavender, this is the one I keep coming back to although they've so much other stuff to offer.  I don't know why something so simple can make me like them so much...it must be the thin pillowy texture of the bread.  Sometimes, it's the simplest of things that make the biggest impressions! ;)

P/S:  You can find Lavender outlets in Pavilion, Mid Valley, One Utama (with L.table), IOI City Mall, Aeon Bukit Tinggi and, surprisingly, a lot of them in Johor Bahru.
 

10 comments:

  1. I love Lavender too...but their things sure don't come cheap. I guess if we want quality, we will just have to pay for it.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, i can't recall if i've ever bought anything from lavender ... i wonder what i might pick for my first choice; looks like a lot of variety to select from :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a wide variety making our choice a lot more difficult! ;D

      Delete
  3. I'm not such a fan of soft white buns, but my hubby would love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you like your buns with a bit more of a bite! ;)

      Delete
  4. Downing 5 buns with coffee "when you don't feel like downing something heavy" ?? Biar betul...

    Well I think all buns start out as balls, you roll the dough into balls and bake them into buns, so balls is also a correct word to use to describe buns XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me assure you that downing 5....isn't downing something heavy....wakakakaka!! :D Plus, you won't be able to resist after downing one or two.

      Delete
  5. I have eaten cakes and mooncakes from Lavender before but not these buns. In fact I often go window shopping at the outlet in Midvalley but have never noticed these buns. Let me open my eyes bigger and go look again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....this is the first I've heard of people going window shopping at bakery outlets! :D No need to open eyes big big, they sell a lot of these, so it should be all over the bakery! ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...