Pages

Friday 10 December 2021

Just One Food - McD's Sweet Chilli Fish Burger

When it comes to McDonald's, I don't eat (or hardly ever eat) their meat burgers for the simple reason I don't like their meat patties.  So, it has always been the Filet-O-Fish burger for me when it comes to McD burgers.

I've been aware of this McD's Sweet Chilli Fish Burger for a while now but wasn't tempted to try as I initially thought it would be a fish burger with some sort of Thai sweet chilli sauce (based on its name and I find Thai sweet chilli sauce to be overly sweet), so I never wanted to try.

But one day, I got sick and tired of Filet-O-Fish and decided to finally give McD's Sweet Chilli Fish Burger a try (this burger has been around since 2019 but I'm only trying it now...lol).

Well, first of all, you have a piece of crispy fish fillet that's more heavily battered and crumbed than the Filet-O-Fish while retaining that same light crispiness.  The Filet-O-Fish is made with Alaska Pollock Fillets but McD doesn't mention what fish comes with this fish burger but you certainly get a much bigger piece of fish with the Sweet Chilli Fish Burger.

Couldn't detect any difference in the taste of the fish itself as both had that soft, flaky texture though the Filet-O-Fish is slightly softer but the Sweet Chilli Fish Burger gives a better bite because of the batter and the size of the fish ultimately. 

The difference between the two lies in its sauce, of course.  While the Filet-O-Fish is topped with zesty tartar sauce (and a slice of cheddar cheese which I always ask for it to be omitted) between soft buns, this one is supposedly topped with a sweet & spicy sauce but I tasted only spicy...and it was very spicy! >_<  The sauce is somewhat like a very spicy version of Thousand Island or a chipotle sauce.

There's the usual mixed vegetables of shredded lettuce, purple cabbage and carrot to give it that crunch factor.  The set comes with the usual fries and a drink.

I did enjoy the flavour of the sauce even if it was rather spicy for me....this is my new go-to McD burger for now.  For one, it doesn't come with cheese, so I don't have to request for it to be omitted coz sometimes they forget to do that (and I've to tear it off my burger when it arrives). >.<

For those who like their food spicy, they would definitely prefer this spicy fish burger as it brings some serious heat!  I can't handle overly spicy food and this is just about tolerable for me...nothing a few gulps of water (in-between) can't fix! ;P

And hehey, guess who's back?  My favourite peppery prosperity patties!  Even though I hardly ever eat their meat burgers, this is one exception I'm happy to make...and it's always the Prosperity Beef Burger for me.

Though the black pepper sauce can be too much and a bit overpowering at times, I love the taste of the hot peppery sauce together with the meat and crunchy onions...so I just scrape some excess away if there's too much (but this time, the quantity of the sauce was just right).  And oh, McD just got on ShopeeFood too! ^.^

4 comments:

  1. I did not even know of the existence of McD's sweet chili fish. I used to love the fillet o fish because the buns were so soft and fluffy. They only put half a slice of cheese and I remembered reading about why only half but if you ask me now I cannot remember the reason LOL! Ah! I want the prosperity burger as it has been an all time favorite. But I remember last's year's was too peppery for my liking. I'll order it and will add an order for the sweet chili fish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I remember that it used to be very peppery too but that's probably because they gave too much sauce. Ah, if you love the filet-o-fish, then I'm sure you'll love this sweet chilli one even more coz it's got the heat you like. Enjoy your prosperity burger & sweet chilli fish! ;)

      Delete
  2. My choice of burger at McD are spicy chicken mcdeluxe and fillet-o-fish. I never miss to order the prosperity burger but I found that the black pepper sauce is getting spicier over the years and I don't like it anymore. The main attraction to me is the curly fries in the set but since I can get it from my FB live platform, I'm thinking should I continue to support the prosperity burger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, my prosperity burger wasn't as spicy as previous years...probably coz I got less sauce this round (I think it's different from branch to branch). The bun used to come drenched in black pepper but, as you can see from the pic, the bun stays practically 'dry' this time...lol! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...