Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Who Needs A Little Amazin' Graze?

Amazing Grace is one of the most recognisable and popular Christian hymns sung around the world.  The melody and words will get to you each time you hear or sing it...like it did recently when I watched the acapella performance by Garth Brooks during Joe Biden's inauguration....it was such a moving and emotional rendition...and beautifully sung too.  But I'm here to offer you a different kind of Amazin' Graze! :D

The kind that you can eat.....lol! ;D  Well, I thought the gift of Amazin' Graze would simply make amazing ideal presents (for intended recipients to snack healthily and with no guilt during Christmas).  So, here's a look at some of the stuff I bought.

Originally, I wanted to get the Merry Gift Box solely because I thought the packaging was perfect as a Christmas gift but was discouraged by the non-favourable reviews of the taste of one of the items in the box...the Cherry Peppermint Brownie Chips.  So I decided to order the Granola Bites Variety Box (RM39.90, 320g) instead.

The Granola Bites Variety Box comes with a jolly combination of 8 fun-sized packs of granola bites (40g each) in 4 flavours.

2 x Blueberry Coconut Granola Bites 
- toasty coconut with sweet blueberries

2 x Chocolate Hazelnut Granola Bites
- rich dark cocoa & juicy cherries

2 x Banana Bread Granola Bites
- banana puree & dried bananas

2 x Coconut Kaya Granola Bites 
- tropical coconut, pandan & kaya jam

Other ingredients in the granola bites include different types of nut, rolled oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, dried cranberries, dried cherries black raisins, goji berries and shredded coconut.

The other box was the Nut Mix Variety Box (RM39.90, 240g) comprising of 8 fun-sized packs of crunchy nuts in 4 flavours.

2 x Coconut Curry Lime Nut Mix 
- fragrant coconut, lime-infused with real curry leaves

2 x Sweet Chilli Nut Mix 
- coated in chilli & tomato paste with fresh spring onions & ginger

2 x Pandan Coconut Nut Mix
 - glazed with fragrant coconut shreds & aromatic pandan leaves

2 x Zesty Maple Nut Mix
- flavoured with natural orange zests

I was really impressed with the good quality and classy packaging that was also very sweetly coloured at the same time.

You get a combination of pecans, peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds with sweet, spicy and savoury flavours.

Since both the boxes of granola bites and nut mix contained two packs each of 4 flavours, I decided to cheat a little and swapped the packs around so that each box contained one pack of 8 flavours instead.  That way my recipient can get to taste 8 different types of snacks...hee..hee!  Great idea, right? ;)

I also bought the Chocolate-Coated Almonds & Strawberries (RM17.90).  These are crunchy almonds and tangy freeze-dried strawberries decadently covered in dark chocolate.  Sounds yummy? ^.^

I also got these Dark Chocolate Brownie Chips (RM14.90).  These are thin and crispy layers of chocolatey goodness sprinkled with almond flakes, chia seeds and coconut shreds for that satisfying crunch.

I have to say these make excellent gifts, especially to recipients who practise a healthy lifestyle, since they're oat based, healthy, vegan-friendly snacks where the ingredients are considered superfoods that promote health and well-being.  They offer delicious goodness at the same time to satisfy one's cravings on snacking minus the guilt.  I'm sure we can all do with a bit of that.

Since I did not taste any of the granola bites or nut mix (nor got any feedback from the recipients of the gifts...*wink wink*), I'm not able to give you my opinion on them.  I can only hope and assume they tasted alright like their tagline which says "discover joy in every bite". ^o^

In a year where lives were impacted by the global pandemic, this year's X'mas gifts also took on a concept of health and safety in mind.  With that said, I decided to include these colourful masks which I found online recently.  There are a lot of coloured masks in the market now but these pastel colours are the sweetest I've seen compared to the rest.  You get two each of blue, yellow, pink, purple and green (to match your outfits...hehe!) in a pack of ten and each box (RM35) comes with 5 individual resealable packs (that's also convenient to keep).

My pressies are packed (in recycled paper bags, just added a touch of glitter!) and ready for the intended recipients at our Christmas family gathering which I blogged about here.

Hey, I got one back too.....filled with chocolate chip oat cookies, almond biscotti and cranberry cookies from Chocolat World.  I liked the cranberry cookies, buttery with a light tang, but the chocolate chip cookies were a bit too crunchy while the almond biscotti was rather bland.

I bought all these from Amazin' Graze's online shop at Shopee (that way I can make use of some of my Shopee coins) but you can also order direct from their own shop at amazingraze.com.  Who needs a little Amazing Grace.....or Amazin' Graze at this time? ^_~

9 comments:

  1. Ah! I see that you bought those Amazin' Graze products as gifts and none for yourself. I bought quite a bit from them as I enjoy their granolas. Should you decide to buy some for yourself, let me recommend my favorites. For granola I love the Blueberry Coconut and Banana Bread. The other two are nice too but my favorites are better hee..hee.. As for nuts, I love the Coconut Curry. Really addictive. The other three flavors I did not care for. I even got two free fabric face masks (they were really lovely) and a jute bag for purchasing above a certain amount. I have also tried the Brownie Chips but was not wowed by it. Sometimes healthy may not translate to tasty hee..hee... As for their nut butters, the almond is not bad. I have yet to taste the cashew butter (still unopened) and found the peanut butter a little lacking in fragrance (compared to other brands like Pic's Peanut butter). Your recycled gift bags could be easily passed off as brand new ones from very posh stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't surprise me one bit to find out that you've already tasted these since you enjoy rolled oats and smoothie bowls. As you know, I'm not into granolas and nuts (except for "kacang putih", the unhealthy fried and salted kind...lol), that's why I didn't get some for myself (but if I did, I now know which ones I should get, so thanks). ^_~

      I'm also not a fan of peanut butter (because of the probability of sugar in its content) and I read reviews that say their peanut butter is rather liquid-like (I've actually seen videos from buyers showing the watery consistency of their peanut butter)...not sure if you faced the same problem. >_< P/S: Yeah, I do keep and recycle good quality gift bags. All I need to do is to spruce them up with some glitter and ribbons and they look as good as new, so why waste.

      Delete
    2. Yes, their peanut butter is very liquid. Natural peanut butters (without emulsifiers) are like that and the oil separates. Pic's peanut butter although natural too, is so much thicker. I always choose the no-sugar added one.

      Delete
    3. Ah, thanks for the confirmation that their peanut butter is indeed watery...like that how to spread on bread lah? ;P

      Delete
  2. I am a big fan of eating granola bites or cereal nuts muesli bars. This is something I must carry them while travelling overseas as we often encountered food problems in outskirts of China. Many places may not sell something that I dared to eat or please my appetite such as donkey or rabbit meat, spicy mala restaurants, Uighur Kebabs etc. LOL

    I first stumbled into these healthy diet of Granola bites and Muesli bars in US. I had never seen them in my kampung Penang back then. I spent much time browsing supermarket shelves there during my advertising major to study their product packaging in details. So this healthy bites took my interest till now. They are quite expensive here due to the limited brands available. The cheaper US & UK brands are not sold here as their branding failed. Anyways, all nuts and dried fruits are welcome for me as a long as they are not bland taste.

    Your description about peanut butter tickled my ribs. I vomited out after eating peanut butter sandwich when I was a kid. My late mum had no idea what happened and I almost avoided eating them till now. Strange thing is that I love to drink the Tong Sui Peanut Dessert and have no problems. Now I suspect there is something in the peanut butter ingredient that triggers my allergy. I will go to the supermarket next time to study all the bottles to see where my problem is.

    Yesterday, I read this post from my phone while at the Wellness Centre. I went to to the Bakery Shop after that to buy my cookie ingredients. I swear that your recycled X'mas bags photo prompted me to buy their cute 2 cute bottles in a special Red CNY takeaway box. I like the way you put meticulous attention when giving gifts in presentable bags. So I better give away my cookies in nice presentation that the recipients would hopefully appreciate for life. I am just like that and you've seen my office wall's testimonial of recycled bags. I hope to blog & show off my cookies if they are successful in the CNY Carry-Box!! Wish me good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First and foremost, thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to write me this long comment.

      I'm sure your CNY giveaways will be appreciated for the thought and effort in making your own cookies to the creativity in your packaging and presentation. Yes, please do blog about it and show off your impressive skills...hee..hee.

      Though we may not be fans of peanut butter (yours being an allergy), like you, I do appreciate peanut tong sui (though I can only drink a little as it's a bit too rich).

      It's not a surprise to find that you're into granolas since you keep yourself healthy by exercising...and with food too (sometimes)! :P

      Delete
  3. Sweet Chilli Nut Mix, that's a very interesting flavour that I never see before. Have you tried? How's the spicy level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've not tried as, like the post mentioned, they were my giveaway Xmas gifts but PhongHong (who did try) didn't care for the flavour.

      Delete
  4. These are good stuff! The lady behind the brand is actually one of my ex's close friends. Small world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...